Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:48:47 -0500
To the Disappointed Donors of the Giving Tree.

Dissapointed Donors,

It seems to me, that if one is truly giving from the heart, and donating
because there is a genuine,sincere desire to give,& to help, one doesn't
need recognition printed out on paper or any other form for all to see.
Yes, it is nice to see one's name on a certificate, or on the computer
monitor for that feeling of self-validation, But the greatest form of
recognition, is the feeling in one's heart,& soul,that comes from knowing
that one gave freely of themselves,to help those precious furkids who
need us so badly.  That,in my opinion is the truest form of recognition.
That which will forever be emblazoned on one's heart.  It cannot be
displayed on a wall, or shown to co-workers.  No "atta-boys'" to bask in
the glory of.  This is recognition that will be felt forever, for that
donor to always have, always feel.  I don't believe that seeing one's
name on a computer screen, or on a piece of paper, both of which can fade
away, or even disappear, will ever be as rewarding as that feeling of
contentment & warmth.  A feeling of one's own recognition.  One comes
from the knowledge that because of that donation, a little life will
have been made better.

Sincerely,
Sue & Crew

PLEASE NO SLAMS!!!  This post was absolutely NOT sent to start yet
another heated debate.  This is just MY opinion which I wanted to share
with my friends of the FML.  I respect other's opinions...I just don't
feel another "slamfest" is necessary.  That is NOT what the FML is about.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!