From:
Marianna E Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:04:17 -0400
I know you all will share this grief with me.  My four year old black
eyed white (named Templeton) died yesterday after an illness that just
caused him to quit eating, grind his teeth with water and waste away.
No one knew for sure what it was but there aren't a lot of ferret expert
vets here in southern Maryland and he refused all attempts at feeding
him duck soup, etc.

Let me tell you about him.  He came to us at 3 months as an awkward ugly
little mite being saved from being sent to the research farm.  He grew
into the most beautiful handsome ferret.  Everyone who came into our home
said he was the most handsome (I have six ferrets, sorry, five now).
Visitors also loved him best for his personality.  He was ALWAYS happy,
never any trouble, always full of love for us (his parents) and his
ferret family.  You see, he was the alpha male of the group.  What will
they do now?  What will I do now?  My heart is broken in millions of
pieces.  I am disabled and spend too much time at home.  He and my group
are my constant companions.  Templeton would lick tears from your face
and laugh with you in joy.  He was one of the most special animals we
ever had, there will never be another like him.  All of you who have had
one this special will understand this.  As alpha male he always allowed
the younger ones to climb on him, chew his ears, all with the utmost
patience.  There did come times for discipline when one or the other
needed a good neck pulling but it was over quick and when the offender
learned their lesson he was there with more kisses and love.  He was the
greatest ever to us.

I do not know how the bridge greeters work but I do firmly believe in
God.  If anyone hears of him on the bridge please let me know.  There
will be this uproar of joy because whoever he is with now has a true
friend.  A truly special spirit.  I love him.

Marianna