Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:35:26 -0500
First of all, I wanted to apologize to everybody for being so quiet
lately!  As I think I mentioned on this list before, I worked across the
street from the World Trade Center, and passed through the lobby of WTC 1
less than five minutes before that big fireball came through it. :-<
Then I watched the second plane hit, and we were all evacuated.  Suffice
it to say that our building was damaged and is still not ready to be
reoccupied, so we are all working at a backup location indefinitely.
So ..  life has been a bit crazy lately .. and I haven't had the time for
SOS raffles or other things that I would love to have.  (Also .. if I owe
you ferret soaps, please let me know!  All of that information was lost
on our email server, which was also damaged in the 9/11 attack.  We only
have email from 9/13 onwards).

Anyway, the reason I am writing today is to let you know that we have
another WONDERFUL raffle for SOS.  It is a beautiful ferret afghan,
donated by Kat Parsons, which can be seen on the following Web site:

http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret/sos-raffle.html

This afghan is HUGE (over 6 feet in length, I believe), and it says "Love
your ferret like there is no tomorrow". :->   The afghan is ivory/bone in
colour, with a beautiful red/green trim running around the edges.  I took
more pictures of it this weekend, and should have them up soon.

All proceeds from the raffle of this afghan will go to help homeless
ferrets in shelters, though S.O.S.  (Support Our Shelters, aka S.O.S.
is a registered 501c3 corporation which exists to raise money for ferret
shelters and distribute funds and needed supplies to them).

You can purchase chances to win this beautiful afghan for $1 each, or 6
for every $5.  Every person purchasing over $10 worth of tickets will
receive a tax donation certificate for Uncle Sam after the new year
begins!

The deadline for purchasing tickets is 12/20, and we plan to announce the
winner on Xmas!  You can purchase tickets by Paypal ..  our address is
[log in to unmask]  Please include your address when you
Paypal funds, and note in the subject line or memo field that it is for
raffle tickets.

While we prefer Paypal (especially during this time of anthrax mail delays
and the holiday mailing rush), we are very grateful if you choose to mail
us checks for raffle tickets, too.  Our address is:

S.O.S. attn. Ela
304 Hillside Ave, B11
Nutley, NJ  07110

Please make your check payable to either "SOS" or "Support Our Shelters",
and include your mailing address AND email address.

Good luck to everyone, please let me know if you have any questions, and
Happy Holidays!  :->

- Ela