From:
Michelle Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:44:32 -0500
Helllo everyone.  It has been a while since I have wrote in.  I do not know
of you will remember or not but I had wrote in awhile back about my ferret
Mischief seeming to be lonely and my parents would not let me get another
ferret.  Well, alot has changed since then.  My fiance and I recently bought
a trailer and last night we got a baby ferret.

I have thought for so long that getting another ferret would be the best
thing I could do for Mischief.  I felt that she needed another ferret to
play with.  We put them together and they did the norm, smelled each other,
followed each other around, etc.  Mischief was real curious.  I think she
was trying to figure out what it was doing in her home.  Mischief never got
real aggressive with her, she only tried to bit her on the neck a couple of
times.  Well, now that I have went through with it and got another ferret I
feel like I am being mean to Mischief.  She has been a only "child" for so
long.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Is this a common feeling to
have when you bring home a new little one?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle putting the two
ferrets together?  How long do I wait before they can share a cage, etc?
Anything anyone has to share about bringing a new ferret home when you
already have one would be greatly appreciated.  I want to make sure that I
handle this the right way.

The little one is so sweet, she even feel asleep in my arms last night.
Mischief has never done that.  I am really hoping that I can train the new
one to want to be held more.  Mischief hardly ever wants to be held.  When
she wants to go to sleep she goes and finds a drawer to sleep in.  She is
very lovable and most of the time she says near me.  I love her more than
anything and I would never want to change her, she has a wonderful
personality, I would just like to be able to love on her more often.

BTW, I have not decided on a name for the new one yet.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

One las thing: Since we have moved, Mischief has started using the potty
wherever she is at.  She has always been so good about using her litter box.
I know that is probably the change in environment and a bigger environment
at that.  When I catch her I tell her NO and take her to her litter box and
she seems to be getting a little better about it.  I have tried to reward
her with something with she goes to her litter box.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on retraining her to use her litter box?

Sorry this is so long.  You can send any suggestions or comments to me at
[log in to unmask]  Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle & Mischief
Michelle Anderson
Secretary Senior
M.B.A. Program