From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 20:47:32 -0400
More on Katie and Polly using the litterbox outside their cage (see my prior
post in FML# 1954 dated 6/2/97).  Since I got the rug runners and they began
to use the litterbox, I've continued to reward them when I 'catch' them
using it.  Their hit rate outside the cage continues to climb, it's now
somewhere around 90%.  In fact it's been days since I've cleaned any poop or
urine off the rug or the rug runners.

So for those of you who are frustrated because you can't get your fuzzy to
use the litterbox when they are outside the cage, I have some simple advice:
GIVE UP!  It might just be the best thing you can do!  :-)

-Ilena Ayala