From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1993 11:13:59 -0400
> Date:   Fri, 15 Oct 1993 08:13:51 -0400
> From:   Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: "Public access" farm sought; other Q's too
>
> First of all, is there a ferret FAQ?  I have received the FML FAQ, but it see
ms
> that a list of general questions and answers could come in handy, too.

Not yet.  :(

> Does anyone know of a pet ferret farm within about 6 hours of Rochester, NY
> or Philadelphia (ie, most of NY and PA, parts of OH and MA...) that will let
> us come choose one?  Pixxel came from a pet store and is wonderful, but it
> might be nice to choose from more than two at a time.

Last I knew, our shelter had over 15 ferrets in.  That was the end of
last month.  It's probably more by now, I don't think they've gone
to any shows.  It's the Delaware Valley Ferret Shelter - Steve Krouse,
(302) 633-1308.  (between Wilmington and Newark, DE - not too far from
I-95)

I'm also appending the star shelter/breeder/club listing.  You can look
[ shelter list deleted from archives. It is available as another file ]
at that.  There are several in eastern PA.  If you have any problems, let
me know.  I'm POSITIVE that we can find you a new furry from somewhere
other than the pet stores.  :)

> And yes, I have a problem I'd like advice on, too.  Just recently, Pix has
> begun digging at the carpeting at the base of a sliding closet door, scratchi
ng
> it nearly to bits.  We tried opening the closet door so she could go in and
> explore (after 'proofing it, of course), but since it's a sliding door there'
> still a whole area she can't get under.  Any suggestions on how to stop this
> habit before out landlord has a fit?  Bitter Apple hasn't done much.

Put something slick on the carpet (plastic runner used for under office
chairs works nice).  Since she won't be able to dig her claws in,
she'll soon be broken of the habit and you can remove the plastic/whatever.

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman     Internet - [log in to unmask]      GEnie - n.hartman4
President, Delaware Valley Ferret Club | CIS Grad Student, U. of Delaware
      ***  Caregiver to Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets  ***
  "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" - Kant