From:
Norma-ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:51:22 -0500
Hi Everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and that all your fuzzies
are well.  I've been away from the FML for a little while, because i haven't
been at school/on-line, but now i'm back.  And, unfortunately, i have some
sad news (all our fuzzies are just fine, so it's not THAT sad...)

The Southern Ontario Ferret Association (SOFA) will no longer be producing a
newsletter.

Our first year was pretty good, or so I thought, but now that the time has
come for people to start re-subscribing only two people have.  Also, we
haven't had any new members since about last June.

When Ross and I first started the club, we thought the newsletter would go
out to people who needed help with their ferrets.  Information about cutting
nails and litter box training, that sort of thing.  But, all the people who
joined the SOFA were already EXPERTS!  So, then we thought we would fill the
newsletter with pictures of, and stories about, all our fuzzies...but not
too many people seemed interested in doing that, either.  So, now it seems
that the time and expense of putting out the newsletter is no longer
justified.  I'm very sad to have to give up the club, but i plan on staying
in touch with all of you and maybe, one day, we will be able to start
something up again...a New and Improved SOFA!

I want to thank all of you who have supported the club and say that i
really, really, enjoyed meeting all of you (who i got to meet) and your
fuzzies! You are a terrific bunch of people.

BTW...i WILL be doing one final newsletter in a couple of weeks, so all but
two of you will receive your full years worth.  For the two of you who will
be short one newsletter, i will send you a $5 rebate.  And, for the two of
you who have rejoined the group...i'll send your cheques back to you with
the next newsletter.

Thank you all very much.

Best Wishes,

Norma-ann,
President of SOFA
and Mom to Molly, Leo, Maggie, Oedie and Beckett!

P.S.  I really hope this all made sense...i'm in the computer lab at school
and people are talking really loudly all around me!!!