From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:36:00 -0400
Where on the neck is it?

At about the base there certainly are lymph nodes.

Salivary gland rupture is another possibility when there is blood, as
is hematoma, though salivary gland problems often result instead in
head lumps. I looked up a few past posts on this for you:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/SG3178
which includes:

>This isn't adding up - a needle full of blood from a rapid swelling is
>not a bad thing - it could be a hematoma, a mucocele from a ruptured
>salivary gland, or something else. Cancer is usually a solid mass,
>and there is very little blood. I'd ask the vet what they saw under
>the microscope that led to a diagnosis of "cancer".
>
>What about excising the mass and getting a pathologist to look at
>it...
>Bruce Williams, DVM

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/FHL5403

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/YPG1492