From:
Jennifer Coyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 01:54:43 -0700
Ed wrote:
>Here's what we've done to produce litters as small as only 2 kits. This
>is a bit of a drag because it requires constant observation of the mating
>process....

Sorry, but I had to respond to this letter.  I am not trying to step on any
toes, but this really bothered me.  It's disturbing to see someone giving
descriptive mating advice on a mailing list.  Not that there is anything
wrong with the process, I'm a vet tech, so that's not the point.  But I
thought that the FML was for ferret people- sharing ferret tips, and stories
about their own fuzzbutts, to share medical knowledge, etc.  I can
understand that if a person asks a question about mating, and you have the
knowledge, it's great to respond to them, but why not just directly to their
email address?  Being in the medical profession, I listen and can
understand, professional, to the point advice.  But I guess, it's a bit
unsettling the style and manner of the description in this letter.  There is
clearly more detail that I needed, unsuspectingly, to hear; while in the
midst of reading other more practical information.

Sorry, but had to put my 0.02 cents in about this one. Dooks to all!

Jennifer M. Coyer CVT
Fred, Faya and Zero the Fuzzmunckins