From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:11:01 -0700
A few posts have mentioned how terribly Ed's ferrets were treated. I
just want to remind people that we all have different standards as
far as the ferrets go. Ed's treatment was "below standard" to say the
least, as far as people on the FML have been concerned. Yet there are
plenty who keep ferrets in boxes outside or in hutches, and they never
come inside, and to me that's just appalling. And to others, not
letting ferrets free roam is like ferret torture.

I do know that not being neutered or spayed keeps animals in heat and
can be stressful, especially for ferrets, but I am sure that Ed did
love his ferrets, especially being a part of the FML. Ferrets and
animals in general are different things to different people. To him,
even with the way they were cared for, I'm sure they probably meant
just as much to him as anyone's else's ferrets. Perhaps I'm wrong,
but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here.

Just my two cents.

Laryssa