Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:59:34 -0700
Five years ago I bought my first Ferret "Daisy" Very young and the runt
of the litter. When I brought het home she could crawl through a Toilet
tissue tube. Not anymore... But still a 1 1/2 pound Dark Sable.

After about two months I felt she needed a companion of her own kind.
So arrived "Cinnamon" of that color pattern. Daisy was very happy and
mothered her. Taught her to sleep in a Hammock, use the litter box,
and the other cage things. I was very surprised.

I was still using my first Vet, and Cinnamon was due for a Distemper
shot. I took both Daisy and Cinnamon in a Carrier to the Vet's clinic.
I was carrying them accross the parking lot approaching the clinic door
when Daisy became quite agitated, and I found her to be shaking and
quite upset. I took them away from the clinic some distance and Daisy
settled down. T then hand carried Cinnamon to the Clinic leaving a
friend to baby sit Daisy.

Cinnamon got her shot, and of course I made up my mind this was going
to be our last visit here. What the problem was upsetting Daisy I don't
know as I was never allowed to accompany my ferrets into the clinic
exam rooms. That alone should have been a signal you are at the wrong
Clinic.

My second clinic was A basic as far as Ferret care, they could handle
immunizations, and not much more.

Then I had three Ferrets. Got "Jasper" a big Albino Boy. Someone bought
him from a Petco store and for reasons unknown returned him. I had to
have him..

Then I was concerned about all three scratching, so decided to take
them to a Vet. This time I felt I needed a Ferret Vet... I found one
who only treats Ferrets, surgical and general care, and am very
comfortable with her. So are the ferrets.

I now have 4 Fuzzies Daisy, Jasper my oldest, (Cinnamon had to be put
down as she developed terminal Cancer), then Herbie and Olivia an
Angora was given to me by the Ferret Shelter.

I was referred to my present Ferret Vet by the Ferret Shelter. Seek
out a Ferret shelter for advice on a nearby Ferret Vet....

Frank and the Fuzzies.

PS: Rather sad news regarding Black Footed Ferrets recovery:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26471839/?GT1=43001

--

   Never forget 9/11 and the cost of FREEDOM! 'Tedra'
         Webpage:  http://oakgrovedesigns.net