From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 09:33:12 CST6CDT
Babies - Zipper LOVES babies.  She cleans them from top to bottom (she
thinks they smell funny).  Reyna brought her baby over several times and out
of our group most of them either totally ignored Kaylor or just sniffed and
went on their way.  All that were interested were very nice about it.

Colds - Jennifer I'm sorry no one answered your question about colds.  Yes,
my ferrets have caught and given colds to me and me to them.  They
experience the same symptoms we do and it seems to really get them down.  In
severe cold cases, congestion, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, I give 1 drop
of Pediatric Triaminic (orange color) or generic equivalent with exact same
ingredients.  I put the drop on a baby spoon, add a few drops of linatone
and they lap it up.  Some like it without the linatone.  It helps them to
rest easier and we all need rest when we have colds or the flu.  I also make
sure they are drinking plenty of electrolyte replacer such as Pedialyte or
the generic brand and I whip up a special recipe of Science Diet A/D, ground
Totally Ferret Food, and Pedialyte for extra nutrition.

Starting Clubs - It isn't just the new clubs that have difficulties meeting
expenses.  Ferret Family Services has been here since 1987 and I work 7 days
a week to keep us going.  We do have several wonderful supporters, both
financially and physically, but a lot of the expenses still come out of my
pocket.  I don't mind though because it is the ferrets that count.  Every
medical, physical, and emotional need is met regardless of the expense
involved (isn't that what credit cards are for?  :-)).  Part of our expenses
are because we take in the medically and terminally ill ferrets that owners
can't or don't want to provide medical care for.  They stay with me and
receive all necessary treatments including extra love and care.  Just being
there for them is very important.  I'd still do it even if we didn't have
any members.

Hugs to all and condolences to those who have lost a loved one.  Warm
wishes on recoveries of surgies and for sick little ones. tle (aka Sprite)