From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:26:55 -0400
I recall Sandi's issue with Foxy and Dr. Johnson-Delaney, and
remembered it being a number of years ago. I went to the FML Archives
and the incident occurred in November of 2003!! That's a very long time
to hold a grudge against anyone. It's a very long time for someone to
wait for their chance to get revenge. Go to the Archives and search for
Foxy using Sandi's email address (it hasn't changed) and you can read
those posts.

The fact is that none of us knows the truth about either incident.
The pros and cons, the legal opinions, the moral opinions; none are
necessary to this list. Those who keep posting and posting about it
are just keeping it alive. We all like to be experts. None of us are.
And every situation is different. There is no mold.

Can we count how many vets we have run off this list? Are there even
any still participating? I occasionally use the skills of a top-notch
ferret vet who is about 150 miles from me. She is one of the most
skilled and best ferret vets out there. She used to be very active on
ferret lists, this one included. She removed herself from the ferret
lists many years ago because of personal attacks. This community has
lost the knowledge she provided, the protocols, the studies she has
done. Only those of us who are her clients benefit from her vast
knowledge. Would you participate in a community who endlessly discussed
you when you had a problem, or attacked you? I will be surprised if Dr.
J-D will react any differently after this is over. It seems we never
learn.

Katharine
Florida

[Moderator's note: I was waiting for one more person who really wanted
to post a note of suport for Dr. Johnson-Delaney but looks like the
person has decided not to post. I think we've had a chance to express
our opinions about the subject and it's time to move on. I don't think
we're going to determine much more at this point. BIG]