From:
blaraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:48:45 -0500
Great News from Florida.  I have been waiting for this news for years.  I am
sure Marie Wallace or someone else from the FML already posted it, but just
in case here is the email I got this morning from a friend who has helped
the fight against the unjust killing of ferrets in Florida for years.  Here
is what I have.  Break open that 1985 vintage ferretone and poor a tall
glass.  Opps I ment DOM.  but I am sure if you would like, that vintage
bottle of ferretone will give you a nice buzz too.  Or kill you.  :-)

I have just picked up a message from my answering machine and there was a
message from Dr. Landis Crockett (State Health Department, Tallahassee) for
Marie Wallace.

The message is this:

Florida recognizes the modifications that will be incorporated into the 1998
version of the Compendium of Animal Rabies Control (NASPHV).  All procedures
are currently being modified to reflect these changes.

In a nutshell, ferrets in Florida that bite will now be granted a 10 day
quarantine (the same as dogs and cats)!

Also, FYI, the bill (HB3115) will continue to go through legislation as the
Compendium, although recognized by Health Departments in the United States,
is only *recommending* the inoculations and quarantine.  Laws are much
stronger!

If anyone would like to thank Dr. Crockett for his good news, he can be
reached at (850) 921-2220.

A friend (for) Marie Wallace

Brad, Donna, Taz the SPAZ and Marie.
Ferretone is on me tonight girls. Well atleast for Taz
and Marie.  I don't think Donna would like it to much.