From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:25:49 -0500
Have a situation..... Someone who knows me came across an ad for ferrets
for adoption on the net.  Two males, 5 years old.  Long story short, I am
put in contact with this person and it turns out the ferrets are 4 and 7.
It is reported that the 7 year old is in perfect health and never had
problems.

Anyone out there (including shelters) have any feedback about the problems
(outside the obvious health and life term factors) that may be involved
adopting a senior ferret.  I've been considering adding a permanent guy to
my group, and was looking for an older ferret since there seems to be quite
a few older more difficult to place fuzzies out there.

I contacted this woman with the intentions of helping her place her
fuzzies, but who will be willing to take in a ferret that may cross the
bridge in the very near future?  I'm not too fond of the idea myself, but
I don't want to see a 7 year old ferret end up homeless.

My concerns are if a ferret of 7 could adapt without trauma into a new
environment.  Problems with new cage, new food, new room mates???  Any
suggestions or advice.  Anyone interested in these guys!???

Thanks

Jen and Gang