From:
"Ford, Rebecca R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:32:01 -0400
Hi Hobs & Jills,
I recently bought a furry(Baby by name) for my Daughter of 8, who I might
say is rather upset with me because, her furry decided I was it's mommy
instead of her.  So, in about a week we will be off to the store for our
second furry.  This time I think it would be a good idea for Bree to pick
her own furry out instead of mom picking for her.  Just to let u know a
little about us.

Needless to say this means, I'm knew to the fml, just started receiving
about a week ago but, love all the info and stories.  They helped greatly.
Even though Baby (mf healthy boy panda.  so far crossed fingers) has only
been with us for two weeks, thanks to your info he is litter pan trained
with the occasional accident and has learned the difference between play
chewing and biting.  His favorite toy so far is a hair scrunch we play
tug-o-war with.

Need suggestions for a local vet though, would like to take him for my own
private check-up.  I learned from past experience w/ a pure breed min-pin
never to trust a pet store initial exam.  I live in lower Somerset County,
Pa and I'm closer to Cumberland, Maryland than to any place else.

I should of marked who, I think it was Wolfy said something about a data
base of illnesses.  I think this would be a great idea.  I have a really
good data base program at home, so if all u Hobs and Jills would like your
info recorded feel free to send it to me([log in to unmask]) and i will
develop something.  I think research on developing a data base like this
might give us lots of info towards bettering our furries life's.  Such as
a time line to have testing for specific illnesses.  Maybe if we can learn
to identify the illnesses earlier we can find ways to prolong the onset of
many of these illnesses or hopefully even aide in finding cures.  I would
be willing to share all information collected with any and all vets and
colleges working on any of these illnesses.

Info needed
- owners name
- hobs & jills name
- vet visit dates & vaccines
- any illnesses/surgery (past/present/pending)
- any other information u feel to be important such as, living conditions,
  feeding habits, amount of play time, etc.

"If anyone tells you something strange about the world, something you have
never heard before, do not laugh but listen attentively; make him repeat
it, make him explain it; no doubt there is something there worth taking
hold of." -George Duhamel, French author (1884-1966).

haiku

the language that you speak
sometimes smooth & then erratic bouncing gyrations
"dook, come play with me"

no poet but, thought I'd try.