From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:59:43 -0500
Dear Laura:

>...All of the adrenal ferrets he has seen have had the typical hair loss
>starting at the base of the tail and progressing upward.

>Clint's hair loss is on his belly and right side, behind the right ear,
>between the "shoulder blades", and on his toes.  His tail is fine,
>especially the base!  He does present with other symptoms I've mentioned
>before - sexual behavior towards Sophie, ferret #3 in the pecking order,
>some lethargy, frequent urination and not much urine each time (urine has
>been checked for stones - negative).

All I can say is that not every ferret reads the textbooks as to how hair
should fall out.  Most of the time there is a pattern, but there doesn't
have to be.  Actually, if all the ferrets your vet has seen with adrenal
all progress the same way, from the rump forward, that would be unique.

But you have other pretty characteristic signs - the behavioral signs,
and if there is possible urinary compromise - let's not wait.  Urine
dysfucntion is possibly life threatening .

I consider your ferret three for three - skin, behaviour and urinary -
let's go to surgery.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams DVM