From:
Sandra Possin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 13:33:34 -0700
I just wanted to share my cute ferret story with everyone.  One of my
friends had a daughter that had her birthday yesterday.  She invited me
over, so we could have some coffee a little later.  I brought my ferrets
over there with me.  So anyway we had the cake and the presents set out on
the kitchen table.  All the kids where in the toy room waiting for us to say
that we were ready.  The ferrets were in the travel cage.  Well, we all went
into the toys room to get the kids.  Just as we were about o open the door,
both my ferrets were running around.  Somehow they must have managed to open
the cage.  I really wasn't in the mood to catch them right away, so I
decided that I would catch them later.  When we went into the romm we
discoered that one of the kids had slipped and bumped her head.  After three
minutes of TLC she was fine and we had the kids line up the go into the
kitchen.  We reached to kitchen then then we saw it.  Napoleon, my male was
sitting ON top of the cake, busy eating some of it.  The candles were mostly
on the floor, but one of the was sticking to the top of his head.  He had
cream ALL OVER him.  Joshephine, the other one, was having a ball shredding
all the presents.  At least half of them where unrapped.  She too had cream
all over her too, and because she was so sticky she had little pieces of
gift wrap all over her.  Dariel (the birthday kid) started screaming.  She
said that the ferrets must really hate her and that they really ruined her
party.  I felt really bad, so I grabbed the ferrets, put them back into
their cage and went to get a new cake.  Dariel felt a lot better once she
got her cake, and luckely none of the presents were ruined!  The kids were
pretty loud,so that must have been thereason I didn't hear them.