Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:02:24 +1300
Well, I'm a bit late on this topic, but hoping to add my piece.

What I know about this particular subject at hand could fit into a
thimble.  Truth to tell, it's not the topic itself that I'm here to write
about, but the shelters.

I have been to both shelters, in fact, in the past I've stayed on more
than one occasion with both Lisa and Carole.  Both are wonderful people,
both do what they can for the ferrets, and both run wonderful shelters.
Neither is abusing, neglcting or otherwise potentially harming ferrets.
Both are doing their utmost to do what they can.

Carole has more space and time, and thus has more ferrets than Lisa does.
Personally, I don't know how she copes, but she does.  She has little in
the way of funds, what she does have, she usually makes from selling
products on ebay and at shows in order to keep the shelter running.  She
has built an enormous barn style building in her back yard to care for
these ferrets when a storm trashed the last building she had for them.
She's used all the available funds(and then some) and was then cursed with
a neighbour who has been known to complain about the lawns not being mowed
on time!

Lisa, while having a smaller operation (necessary, considering full time
employment and apartment size offers a restraint on numbers) still does
her very best also.  She's out there doing what she can to procure funds
to keep the ferrets well fed and cared for properly.  She and Ernie have
pulled together and helped numerous ferrets in finding new homes, and
getting what help they need.

Essentially, both Lisa and Carole are wonderful shelter operators, IMO,
and anyone who believes otherwise have only to go to visit them to see
that this is so.

Just stating my own opinion on this subject, and only sad that I missed
the topic earlier, so that I could state it then.

Sam