From:
KatKuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 15:25:04 EST
About ten days ago I brought home a new weasel from the shelter.  She is
about one year old and very sweet.  The family that gave her up named her
Becky.  Becky is the most affectionate ferret I have ever had.  She sleeps
in my lap, follows me around, and just generally makes herself as adorable
as possible.

Although no health problems were detected by our shelter (Ferret Association
of CT - a VERY good one!) Becky has had diarrhea off and on since she got
here.  It's not green, and it's not real bad.  At first I thought it was
stress, but I was worried about weight loss, since she is very tiny to begin
with.  I have been hand feeding her baby food chicken several times a day,
which she laps right up.  Once or twice a day I offer her sustecal, which
she takes sometimes.  I don't see her eating any of the various ferret foods
I have.  She drinks water just fine, so I am not worried on that front yet.
She passes the dehydration "pinch test" of loose skin on the neck.  She is
active and alert, although she is quieter and lovey-er than my other two
ferrets.  She will eat Cheerios at any time, in fact that's all she really
seems to like.  I wonder if she had a very poor diet in her former life.
BTW the other two ferrets have not gotten any diarrhea, and it's been ten
days.

So what should I do? I am watching her like a hawk.   And are my other two
ferrets gonna be ok?

Thanks,  Kat