Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:22:09 EDT
Hi All,
I have a question to ask.  We have a cat and as a treat we periodically
give him catnip.  The ferrets never seemed interested in it.  Well, tonight
we put some down for Buka and Chiquito went crazy over it.  He was rolling
around in it and making such a fool of himself.  It was so funny to watch.
My question is: will it hurt him and has anyone else ever run across this
situation?

Anyone living in the West Seattle area is looking for a good vet for their
ferrets I would recommend the West Seattle Clinic.  DR Johnson and the rest
of the Vets are very good with ferrets.  I was totally sold when I took the
boys in last night for a visit.  Teddy just distemper shot, rabies in three
weeks.  Tawny had been Scratching an awful lot so I wanted him checked.
Nothing there, Dr. J ran a scan and flea comb over him just to double check
(no charge to me :-) )  Chiquito was the one we were worried about.  He
decided he would take a leap on the hot stove.  Singed himself real bad,
scared the life out of us.  DR J did a complete and thorough search of his
whole underside.  He found one little blister on his left hind foot.
Told us to keep and eye on his eating, drinking and pooping and to use
antibacterial cream on it.  He has proved to be a real thorough DR and I am
an over protective mom.  He said that was OK also.  (Daddy will never have
Quito on his shoulders around a hot stove again, Quito is his old self
again)  Has a foot fetish also.

Bonding issue, it's there.  Tawny is mine: he follows me around the house
and sleeps on my feet when I am at the computer.  Will not let the other
two near them.

Chiquito is Michael's.  Loves to ride on his shoulders and kiss his ears.
Has a thing for ears.

Teddy hasn't decided yet.  He is too busy just being a baby.

The ferret insurance is a wonderful idea.

Our thoughts and prayers to all you with sick babies and the little ones
who have gone over the Rainbow Bridge.  Skeeter I know you are a lot of
help to anyone who has lost a ferret.  It is wonderful to read how you are
there to welcome them in.

DOOKS to all
Vi, Michael and the Boys
Tawny: Momma's boy