From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 09:54:21 -0400
One of our members asked me to post this to you as she does not have
Internet access.  Her ferret Aleks had been acting strange and her vet
isn't sure why.

A few weeks ago Aleks got a hold of a chocolate cookie covered in coconut.
Ann chased her down and made sure none was eaten.  Moments later, Aleks
began vomiting mucous and heaved and heaved.  Her tail was bottle brushed
and and she was running wildly around the house, as if totally terrified.
While Ann was trying to comfort her, she was still heaving and she let go
of her bowels.  Aleks' tongue was blue so Ann called the vet.  Shortly
after, Aleks returned to normal, but was very tired and slept for a few
hours.

3 nights ago, Aleks began the same routine without any contact with a
cookie.  She did have the triangle treats though.  Her tongue was blue.
Her vomit this time was the color of the triangle treats and very wet.
This time after the episode, she acted like nothing happened and continued
playing.

Has anyone seen this before?  Ann is very worried about Aleks and her vet
has no idea accept she's maybe got a really allergic ferret.  Please e-mail
me and let me know.  Thank you in advance :o)

Randy

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
click here to raise funds for the ferrets,  just by using your mouse!