Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:36:07 -0400
Hi everyone,

Hugs and kisses to all the fuzzies.  I have a situation that I need some
help with.  We took our Xena who is 14 months old to the vet because she
had vomited 5 times.  Although she seemed to be okay running and playing
eating and drinking, I just wanted her checked out.  I was worried about a
blockage but because everything was going in and coming out okay and the
vet examined her a blockage was ruled out.  She has been fine ever since.
It was chalked up to one of those things.

Anyway, something the vet said is really bothering me.  He said that he
has never heard such a rapid heart beat in a ferret before.  I asked what
should be done about it and he said nothing that Xena has to come back for
her check up in September and that he will check it again at that time.
He also said that some people when going to a doctor to have their blood
pressure checked will register high because they were at the doctors office
and maybe this was the same thing.  He did listen to her heart after she
had her temperature taken which made her poo all over the place (poor
thing).

The vet didn't seem to be worried but as everyone here can understand I
haven't stopped worring about it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  If anyone has a ferret with a rapid
heart beat because they get excited when going to the vet or if anyone
knows of any health problems that may cause a rapid heart beat I would
really love to hear from you.  As always, thank you so much for all of
your help.

Sincerely,
Donna and Xena