From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:55:36 -0400
Reading about vacuum tests for deaf ferrets and various unrelated accidents
got me thinking.  Do not vacuum around your free-running ferrets!  Noting
the way my vacuum quickly sucks up the carpet edges I never vacuumed around
my ferrets.  I started using the vacuum attatchment to clean scattered
litter in their cage and figured it was OK to have them out by the vacuum
base because the air force was going to the vacuum hose.  Well, I put the
vacuum base on a stool to reach other areas and when I took it down - the
stool vinyl was ripped off in a small section.  Confused I, ever so
intelligently, put my hand down by the base to test it - ouch!!!  I never
moved my fingers so quick in my life, that vacuum would have grabbed them
in best it could.  My fuzzies are fast but their tails and whiskers
wouldn't stand a chance against that force!  Please never vacuum with them
free; even if they are scared of the vacuum, you never know when curiosity
will overcome fear or when their escape path and your cleaning route will
intersect.  Be careful!

RIŁ