From:
Kirsten Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:24:31 -0500
Dooks and Giggles to all-
I was wondering for anyone out there what they use for the ferrets to
dig in?  i've used some like little left over gravel (it's little and
harmless), but i was wondering about some sand or something, that won't
get up their nose and i could get easily enough in a store around the west
houston area.  Any ideas?

Plus, a friend of mine was wondering about how well turtles and ferrets
did as pets around each other.  She doesn't have any ferrets, but wanted
some, and already had turtles (the little kind).  I thought the biggest
problem would be the turtle biting, and the ferret thinking it was some
kind of cool puzzle box to get into.  any one out there have both?

also, suggestions on a ferret diet.  My friend that has given a home to
Poindexter, mentioned earlier in the FML, has mentioned that the little
guy has become fat.  I haven't seen him yet to volunteer an opinion, but
he wasn't tiny before, so i thought this might have something to do with
his previous owners who did not care for him very well.  do you think he's
beefing up because he doesn't expect a regular meal?  I believe he feeds
him Totally Ferret.  Maybe this is in its self a weight gainer.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions, and if someone really
doesn't like the turtle/ferret thing, flame away, but i can't garentee
i'll write back.  = )

-Kirsten, Teddy and Rugsby, my little man and the snuggle butt girl

P.S.  The formula with the water/rubbing alcohol/dish washing soap worked
for my problem.  I had little fruit flies and couldn't find out where they
were coming from, so i tried the recipes to get rid of fleas and every
time i checked them (morning then night), there would be at least 5 more
bugs in the bowl, i just kept adding more rubbing alcohol when the water
level went down.  I don't have a problem any more and it's been about a
week.  thanks whoever for the advice.  They were EVERYWHERE and driving
me nuts...i''m up to 65 (don't ask why i count, i don't know)