From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:18:34 -0700
HEY FOLKS!!!!

Some more good news about ferrets on the web.

The Microsoft Internet Explorer Webzine has chosen to a feature on ferrets
on the web.  Several of us are up there!  The Amazing Ferret-Cam.  The
Ferret Frenzy Ferret races.  Zen and the Art of Ferrets.  Ferret World.
Modern Ferret...

http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ie40/home/webzine/beta/b1surf.htm

Check it out!  Okay they were supposed to have it up LAST month but better
late than never.  Microsoft is famous for being behind schedule <grin>

>From:    "M. Max" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: lab ferrets this and that

There are some very good articles in the current American Ferret Report
from the AFA on just these topics.

>From:    stephanie ann maehr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Heading to DC.  Advice?
>Hi, all.  Well, it's official, fert fans.  The Leicester clan is headed for
>DC and its environs.  Is there anybody out there who lives in or around DC
>that has advice on good vets?

As far as vets go this is the land of plenty.  Which side of the river?  MD
or VA?  Different vets on the two sides of the Potomac.  Remember though
that DC itself is a Ferret free zone right now.  Diane Rogers is heading up
a group seeking to get that changed.  Hang around long enough and hit the
various ferret functions and you'll meet lots of cool folks and ferrets.

I'd recommend covering the cage with a large towel or sheet while strangers
are in the house.

>From:    Jesse Dollemore <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: angora ferrets
>Can you please help me find a breeder in the Washington DC metro area or
>near Jacksonville NC?

There are no breeders of angora ferrets in the US at all.  There are a fair
number of Swedish ferrets in the general DC area that are or have been bred
that have longer hair than most Americans but not "true" angoras.  If you
can get along with "Terry" I guess you might be willing to talk to us about
a ferret <grin - we lean Democratic>.  (we also use mnsinc.com)

If you really want an angora you need to contact [log in to unmask] like
real fast now.  She'll be coming to the US this month and might be able to
round one more angora up for you.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/