From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:24:55 EST
Not to be paraniod.  But, please take him to the vet to be checked.  Here
are my reasons why.  I am assisting with some ferrets with pasturella.
Starts out looking like sore or sores in the mouth.  The body will not
fight it off naturally with the immune system because it is apart of the
mouths make up.  Very contagious, contagious, and contagious.  I would
not even wish this on any human enemy if they could get it.  I have been
working with these ferrets for a couple of months now.  Bleaching their
cages everyday.  Hand feeding soft diet and meds.  It won't go away, it
will eventually take my life I am sure.  I once had some others cured.
But, as soon as, one gets in contact with another that may possibly have
it.  It starts that crazy process again.  This is my second go round with
one girl.  Other than the fact, she never did want to eat dry kibble.

To be on the safe side.  Get it checked.  You are worried if you keep
looking in there.  Follow all handwashing procedures.  It probably isn't
pasturella.  But, get it checked just in case.

Benita