From:
Elizabeth Setler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:20:09 EST
About seven weeks ago, I posted about my gravely and mysteriously ill
ferret Mortimer.  Many of you sent informative emails about what might be
wrong with him, or sympathetic notes.  And I never got back to any of you.
Please know that your help and support meant a great deal to me, and all
medical information was passed on to his vet.

Unfortunately, he didn't make it.  And I haven't been able to even look
at any of those wonderful notes without falling apart, let alone reply to
them.  I'm barely getting through this single post, to be honest.

He was tested for everything - *everything.* He did have insulinoma, for
which he was being treated, but the doctor didn't think that his levels
came close to accounting for the severity of his symptoms.  Everything
else was negative.  We remain utterly clueless as to what caused his
paralysis and death.

I still can't believe my little ball of energy who was always ready to
wrestle all comers (be they ferret, human, Great Dane...) is gone.  Damn,
I miss him.

Thanks again for your support.  I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Elizabeth