From:
Melissa Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:56:10 -0800
We received our first call on Binks yesterday.  My husband took the call.
When we were discussing the signs I posted he asked me if I put the
description of him on it and I said, 'NO WAY!  I don't want some jerk
coming up to get him thinking they can get a free ferret.' and he said,
"oh yeah..I see." so this brought to my attention I needed to tell him
how to handle the phone calls, if we had any.....since he is home in the
a.m.  Why it didn't occur to me before then, I don't know...... anyway,

He said he asked the guy to describe his ferret.  His ferret is three
to four months old.  Definately NOT Binks.  so we wait again.  It is
bothersome that a poor baby is out somewhere lost..... I hope the guy
finds it.

My husband........Mr. No More Ferrets was playing with Binks yesterday
like he played with Yoda.  I think secretly he's happy we have another
ferret although he won't admit it to me....

On another note, I went into a local pet store and was horrified to see
they have their ferrets in cedar.  I was hoping they wouldn't have ferrets
since they don't know squat about reptiles, insufficient lighting..pitiful
looking lizards..scrawny snake, etc.  but after being open for a couple of
months........here come the ferrets.  he had one that is about two years
old someone brought in as a trade.  *sigh*  I could rant all day on that,
but I'll refrain... And I asked what her name was and he said, "ya know, I
didn't even ask." I wanted to ring his neck!!  who doesn't ask that simple
question??

anyway, what is a good inexpensive alternative I can suggest to this
lovely pet store owner instead of cedar??  any ideas?  He might not
listen as I have made several comments about reptiles to no avail, but I
have to try.

=====
Melissa and Binks
alabama,usa