From:
REBECCA J ROBINSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 20:34:26 -0500
Hi,
Just a short post to let you all know that RIKKI crossed the rainbow bridge
this morning at 10:00am.

She woke up unable to move, and was crying (she had a small lump on her neck
when I got her on Monday).

It was a tumor that was attatched to her spinal column at the base of her
skull.  It was cancerous.

It was not operable.

My vet and I agreed to put her to sleep, and amid tears, and holding her and
petting her, I watched her drift away.

She died peacefully in my arms, and was buried in our pet cemetary on the
farm.  My husband planted a lilac bush behind her grave because she loved
the smell of them, and would hide in them when she was outside.

I had her such a short time, but she was a loving gentle ferret.  I will
miss her very much, and the lost time we could have had.  The only comfort
I have from my loss is knowing she is playing with new friends and waiting
for me on the other side of the bridge....

Rebecca & the mourning kits, Dodger, Angel, Demon, Chesty, Peanut, Farli,
Diver, Rocky, Rembrandt, Furrball, Chelsey, Simon, Ruth, Golanth, Killer,
Dopey, Flash, Albi, and Spot.

Ferrets do understand and mourn!