From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2013 10:03:31 +0300
Since reading this, which connects heart trouble and beef in an
interesting new way, I I'm eating beef less often -- used to several
days a week.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/08/health/study-points-to-new-culprit-in-heart-disease.html?_r=0>

Now that Dante's heart's giving him more trouble I'm looking for
alternate ingredients for our dogfood (or years, mostly beef; almost
never is kibble available here in Ethiopia). A local butcher sells a
nice fresh cheap product that's mostly cartilage -- e.g., windpipes (I
know, yuck, etc). Dante loves it, and am going to try it on the cats
today.

My question is what percent do you think cartilage can be in a dog or
cat diet?

[Moderator's note: Nell, I think you'd get better info about this
from a dog list. Anyhow, please respond directly to Nell unless ferret
nutrition is involved as well. Note followups to the FML, including
followups about this by you Nell, will be rejected. BIG]