Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:33:07 -0500
While cutting up a huge pile of newspapers tonight (I have a little
girl who believes litter does NOT belong in litterboxes so we need to
weave the newspaper between bars so they don't do any rearranging) I
saw a picture of a cute lil Westie and glanced at the article. I know
you guys have been discussing the new changes so I thought you would
like to hear. It was in the Feb 28th edition of the Wall Street Journal
on A1 and A12. Apparently there's this woman who bought a vest that
says therapy dog online no questions asked. There's absolutely nothing
wrong with her, but it's illegal to ask anyways. So she gets to take
her Westie Maxx around everywhere she goes. Another two people signed
up to a site and for $68 put their iguanas up as service animals and
got paperwork to "prove" it. Only one claimed the iguana helped
stabilize his mood because of depression. The article went on to say if
you were friends with a therapist, they could write you a note allowing
you to fly a pet for free in the cabin.

It is people like this that are part of the reason I've lost faith in
most of humanity. Because you want to walk your iguana on the boardwalk
or your dog in the mall there are people who are actually disabled who
can no longer bring their service animals with them. "I live in such a
hot climate, the only exercise Maxx gets is walking in the mall."

Sorry if this article has already been quoted. I know people have been
talking on the subject and I just wanted to throw that out there. I
haven't clicked all the links because I blank and continue to read the
FML before links.

Again, I wish you all the best and good health.
-Lindsay and The Wicked Weasels

(PS: Two weeks after getting a des implant, my big boy has a furred
tail!!! If only we can get his pants back...)