From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:15:40 EDT
A couple of people have asked where to find "Everything in Life I Learned
from my Ferret . . ."

Here it is -- please remember that this material is copyrighted (1990), so
please do not reprint it without permission (especially for shelter fund
raising).

"Everything in Life I Learned from my Ferret . . ."

If it moves, jump on it.  If it doesn't move, bite it.  If it tastes good,
eat it.  If it doesn't taste good, play with it.  If you can't play with
it, forget it.

* "No" is not a word.
* Life is to short not to be happy.
* If it can be climbed, climb it.  If it can't be climbed, there's nothing
  good up there.
* Cats are wonderful ferret toys.
* The best ferret toy is anything you're not supposed to have.
* If a litter box isn't handy, any old corner will do.
* There is a wonderful surprise at the bottom of every potted plant.
* If you don't find the wonderful surprise the first time, try again.
* Tidy rooms are no fun.
* Hammocks made for two ferrets will easily fit eleven ferrets.
* Showers of ferret kisses and a cute face will get you out of trouble
  every time.
* When you're hungry, eat.  When you're tired, sleep.  The rest of the
  time, play your heart out.
* Life is short and so are ferrets.
* The most interesting things in life are on the top shelf.  Find a way to
  get up there.
* Ferretone makes everything endurable.
* The things on the top of the coffee table look better scattered across
  the floor.
* The package a toy comes in is always more fun than the toy itself.
* The best things in life are free -- who ever saw a ferret with a credit
  card?
* A warm fuzzy hug is worth a raisin.
* Life is like a bottle of Ferretone -- squeeze every tasty drop from it.
* If you can't reach it, it wasn't worth having in the first place.
* You'll never know if you can reach it if you don't make a try for it.
* If at first you don't succeed, try again.  If you don't succeed the next
  time -- to hell with it.
* When in doubt, any corner will do.
* Who said ferrets can't climb?
* If your head can fit, then the rest of the body can follow.
* Every day that begins with a fuzzy hug and kiss is a good day.
* I didn't do it, the corner was like that when I found it.  Really!
* I didn't do it, the cat did.  I swear!

Scott