From:
Lorinda Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 16:39:47 -0600
Hi everyone!

I have not been able to read the List carefully for awhile, so I hope this
is not a repeat message.

The most recent Smithsonian Magazine (Feb.) has a WONDERFUL article on
weasels.  Of course they are not ferrets, but I found myself thinking about
the similarities between these two Mustelids as I was reading this article.

It even has a funny hypothesis why they do the weasel war dance.  The point
of the article is to dispel myths that the animal weasel is like the human
weasel.  The human weasel is characterized as a dishonest, greedy, sneaky,
and ruthless person.  The animal weasel has none of these human attributes,
but is extremely well suited to his unpredictable world.

I received my copy from a subscription, so this new issue should be out in
stores in a few weeks.  I'll bet your local library already has it if you
are interested.

Happy reading,
Lori, Squeegy, and Hoover, who think they are big weasels