From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:04:56 -0800
Hi everyone!  I hope that this day finds everyone happy, healthy, and
feelin fine!!  I just have a quick point to make, and then I will bow
out.  Some of us FML'ers have been here for a long time - and we should
all know and respect - others in this forum.  By that I mean that it
seems, for whatever reason, there is always someone who "starts" a
flogging session, someone who keeps it going - and eventually, someone
who will help "stop" it - and steer members back to what it is we come
here for.  Consider me the Anonymous Flogging Stopper. :-)

Guys, I know we don't all agree with each other.  There will always be
differences of opinion, people who don't "get it" - and also people who
DO get it - but just get so incensed with the need to "strike back" -
that small conversations turn into full scale wars.  Trying to remember
what one has said is the important part of stopping the cycle.  I.e., "I
know this should be private, but......" or, my personal favorite: "I
don't like to use this forum for this", etc - but then go on to "spew"
their anger in cryptic, clipped sentences.  Trust me when I say the "way"
you write your sentences, does not mask what you are doing.

Now there will ALWAYS be someone, who "starts it".  What I think we all
tend to forget sometimes, (and yes, myself included) is that no one can
make you "feel" bad, sad, angry, or mad - unless you CONSENT to it.  By
"snapping" back at that person - you create, or keep the "word wars"
going.  Think of this as: Two wrongs do NOT make a right.  Someone needs
to try to be the mature person - and don't let it "get to you".  Stop the
cycle, preverbially.  Long time members should know this by now anyways,
and short termers - are learning with us.

Please, I know there are other people, besides myself, who do not have
a lot of time to try and read the whole post.  We want to gleen out as
much info as we can, in a short amount of time.  I don't know about
anyone else, but I sure don't feel that I should have to be subjugated
to other peoples personal word wars.  This is about mutual respect here
too.  I know that when someone points out something I did that was
insensitive, or just downright stupid - I will cease, whatever I was
doing - that caused the offense.  Or give it one helluva try to
anyways.... I think that if everyone could remember mutual 'respect' for
others, we wouldn't have so many of these issues.  If you feel the need
to go flogging, then why not create a "Public Flogging For FML'ers
Website?  Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?  That is my point exactly.  If
you don't agree with someone, or someone has "stepped on your toes" -
then by all means, please let them know.  But try to be fair to those of
us who don't want to be in "your wars", and don't want to watch you all
"beat the tar" out of each other.  Take it to a private forum please.

I apologize if I have hurt anyone's feelings with this post.  That
is/was NEVER my intention.  I am simply trying to gently remind people -
what our aim here is.  My aim is ferrets.  Knowledge of ferrets.  Health
of our Ferrets.  And everything to do with ferrets.  In honesty, I
believe that each one of us has alot to offer, educationally wise, funny
wise, and sometimes, sympathy wise.

Thank you for allowing me to share my 1/2 cents worth.  Again - my
dookiest apologies if I have offended someone with my words.

[GK]