From:
Ellen Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 20:02:51 -0500
My husband and I just attended our first pet show with one of our pets, our
ferret Babe.  She participated in the Ferret Fun Matches and actually one
first prize (out of 6 competing) in the Tube Race Contest.  I think she'd
gone all the way through, come out, re-entered and ran through back to the
start before anyone else even got through once!  I was such a proud "mommy."
She seemed to really enjoy it and I know my husband and I really had a good
time.  It was nice to see other ferret people and talk to other show
attendees who were very curious about ferrets.  I know several people left
with more positive attitudes about ferrets because they saw Babe, touched
her, asked questions, etc.

I encourage everyone to participate in these types of events or join your
local ferret club.  We just had such a terrific time I wanted to pass it on.
I realized after we left that I never asked anyone if they were on this list
and there must have been someone else there who reads this list.

Happy dooking, Ellen [log in to unmask] & Antony & Lexie & Babe the ferrets