From:
Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:03:22 EDT
Hello to everyone on the FML!

I'd like to reply/ask a question of Dr. Williams.  In the post about
post-surgical care, you advised to swab the incision with hydrogen
peroxide.  I have a concern that you did not address the type of sutures
used.  My vet uses a combination of absorbable sutures (somehow amazingly
set under the skin!) and surgical glue.  In this case, he advises not to
clean the incision at all.  Any water or peroxide will only cause the
sutures to break down and fall out too soon, before the incision is healed
adequately.

Dr. Williams, do you have anything else to add to this?  Any comments or
concerns?  I will say that, unlike with my cats, it is a joy not to have
to worry about the ferret pulling out it's stitches.

And may I add my thank-you to the many that have appeared here.  It is a
joy and honor to have you here.  I know I've already learned a great deal
from your replies.

Take care and be well, folk and furred alike!

Anastasia Kidd