From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 11:14:59 EST
It has been months since I wrote to FML.  I have been lurking, however.
My heart goes out to the ferret "released to the wild" in NY.  Reminds me
of my two who escaped last January, never found, and oh how I cringe when
I think of their fate.

BUT yesterday a ferret song came to me!  I was sitting in choir and
noticing a faintly sweet, pungent aroma wafting up from my person.  After
a while I realized it was coming from my own sweater.  How embarrassing
(except I don't mind the aroma).  And this is what came to me, sung to the
tune of "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean."

My sweater smells just like a ferret,
A weasel's asleep in my drawer.
When I put on my sweater this morning,
A ferret fell out on the floor.

Oh, the musk rises up from my collar,
The scent is so pleasing to me,
But the people who sit right around me,
Do all inexplicably flee.

I washed and dry-cleaned all my sweaters.
I smell like a ferret no more.
Except now my feet are quite pungent
The ferrets are in the sock drawer!

Kat