Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 17:18:33 EST
While we're on the subject of animal emotions, here's a great book I highly
recommend to anyone who loves *any* kind of animal--"Animals as Teachers
and Healers" by Susan Chernak McElroy.  No ferrets, but a great book just
the same!

To Bill Waters--welcome back to Mass!
Your fuzzy needs to be spayed/neutered and have up-to-date rabies and
distemper vaccinations to be welcome in the Bay State.  Would recommend
carrying a copy of your distemper/rabies vaccination certificate with you
whenever Cedric takes you out with him!  As ferret legality is very new,
there will be lots of folks who don't know the rules, so it's in your best
interest if you do!  Also, don't allow him to be in situations where he
could nip someone.  We don't have a quarantine law here; if he has a rabies
vaccination, it would be decided on a case- by-case basis if he nipped
someone, even slightly.  (Without a rabies vaccination, that's the end of
anyone's ferret in this state, as in many others.) If you let strangers pet
him, good idea to turn his head toward you and let them pet him that way.

Best wishes! --Ronnie DiComo
Cinderella, Ralph and Harry
(hmmmmm, do all *humans* have emotions? sometimes we wonder!)