From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:53:35 -0500
I have evidence now.....where you ask? On the end of the offending
nose. Chepe's nose to be exact. My happy little budda belly plant has
been aerated again, and the culprit caught dirt nosed! No one has
bothered with my plant since I moved the desk. I thought the problem
solved, until hoomin error played its' part the other day. One of the
kids left their chair out at the table. Someone tiny, less than a
pound and a very muted mousy brown discovered that by climbing on the
pedestal under the table then jumping to the chairs tucked under the
table, she could then jump to the one left out, then to the buffet
where the budda belly anxiously awaited her arrival. Apparently, it
could hardly contain itself as it had nearly made it out of the pot
this time.

I heard sneezing, and went to investigate. What I found was a well
disbursed pile of dirt that went totally along the buffet,and was in
the process of being moved to the floor by one besmudged pink nose.

"Chepe" I squeeked. she looked up, dirt nosed, and cocked her head
sideways as if saying" Yes, what do you need?" I thank God at these
times that he made ferrets so darn cute, cause I'll tell you, this
one could try a saint!!!! She was so darn cute, I couldn't be mad.

Sorry Martin, you endured a scolding you didn't deserve...

Cindy and the Slightly Used Gang