From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 11:37:11 -0700
Hi Folks,

While I'm not sure I ascrbe to the notion that specific things in dreams
have predetermined symbolism, I can say I think that ferrets appearing in
dreams has a connotation, depending on the dream.

I have had one very memorable dream centering around ferrets, though they
weren't mine.  In fact, it was no dream, it was a nightmare.  I woke up in
a cold sweat, had to check on all my babies, and still couldn't fall back
asleep.  Though I did post the contents of the dream the day after I had
it, I would prefer to leave out the details, as I find them disturbing to
think about, let alone talk about.  Personally, I'm sure this is directly
related to my concerns about my ferrets' wellness, my concerns about
ferrets as a publicly acceptable pet, and my concerns about knowledgable
ferret care.

I have had various and sundry other dreams with my ferrets in them, always
playing, happy things, as they usually are.  This, I'm sure is simply
an extension of my feelings of love and happiness where my ferrets are
regarded.  One doesn't question the meaning of one's friends appearing in
their dreams, (well, unless they are doing something weird,) and I think
the ferrets fit in the same catagory.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure I'd dig any further.  Freud might have had
some unsavory notions about ferrets.  So I would leave it at that.

Melissa Barnes
Mira, Cael still hanging on, Tasha, Robin and Nietzsche