Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:58:51 -0500
Oh my good lord. I could not believe my ears and eyes when I saw the
news this week. Even hubby was just screaming with laughter as he
watched the story unfold. Renee Downs has made her presence known in
her new place of residence.

When Renee lived in the south, we were hammered by an inordinate
number of hurricanes. When she lived in TX, it was deadly strings
of tornadoes. Then when she was up north, they had a pretty wicked
Noreaster. And now she's done it again. We should have known that no
where would be safe in her presence. Right now, Anchorage, Alaska is
probably giving the ferret community a big, huge, sarcastic "thanks
a lot" for sending her their way, lmao. All this time, I thought to
myself, okay she should be pretty safe up there. "It'll be okay", as
my friends always says. There is virtually no chance of a catastrophic
earthquake, no chance at all for tornadoes or hurricanes, and snow is
not a factor up there. Sooooo ... that leaves tsunamies? Even that
would be a rarity in that part of the world. Yup, I thought. She should
be safe at the ends of the earth ... right?. The Inuit, nnt, I like the
word Eskimos ... the Eskimos are a pretty tough people. And the state
is full of roughneck men. Even their wild life is hardy and vigorous
with bears, moose, wolves, salmon and so much more. Hell, even their
snowmen are indestructible! Snowzilla in Anchorage was up to two
stories last time he was built. But alas it has happened. Disaster.

Just outside of Anchorage, Mt. Redoubt is rumbling and simmering as
I type. And baby it's about to blow. This is no wimpy volcano. This
is not going to eek out rivers of lava which travel as slow as the
creature in the old classic The Blob. No, when this baby goes off,
it's going to explode shooting ash, rock and glass eight miles high
or more. ::Waving at the FML'ers in Alaska:: "Yew like that?!", as
Happy Gilmore likes to shout.

I have images of Renee walking about town with an umbrella over her
head as the ash falls, fishing pole and net slung over her shoulder
on her way to the streams to catch herself some Salmon to barb-a-que,
ferrets walking on leashes through the snow covered streets, while
telling the alarmed towns folk she passes, "but that's okay. Tell yew
whut. Ya'll can come to my house for dinner tonight, I'll get out my
banjo, you an hug some fuzzies and ... it'll be okay!"