From:
purple cow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 20:25:26 -0400
Hi all,

My husband and I are the proud new Mommy and Daddy of a sweet little (and
I do mean little) sable named Bear.  Thank you Stephanie for posting about
Bear needing a new home and for recommending us to Christine.  Bear and
Gabby (our current 2 year old male sable) aren't best friends yet but it
hasn't been all out war either so we're very hopeful that it will just take
time.  Now, I have a couple of questions for you more experienced people
about Bear.  Gabby is Marshall Farms so we're quite familiar with the two
dots in the ear.  I didn't notice anything like that on Bear.  He is a pet
store ferret though.  Any idea what other farm he could be and what
markings to look for?  Also, when Bear was going in the litter box last
night I noticed that rather than having two separate spots of urine and
feces, the two were in the same area.  I also noticed that Bear doesn't
seem to have a belly button which has us thinking he's a she.  Does anyone
know of any pictures that we can look at to be positive?  I haven't
examined his underbelly too in detail but there was no belly button in the
usual spot but further back by "his" butt there was sort of a belly button
looking thing.  Is he a she or is his equipment just in a different spot
than our other boy's?  Thanks to anyone who can give us any info.

Liz
Gabby (Hi, who are you?)
Bear (Grrr, go away!)