Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:12:25 -0300
Sorry if this is somewhat long, but I'm desperate... I wanted you to have
the facts without me writing forever and a day..  I will also post this
to the FHL as well...

Nikki had his left adrenal gland removed early January 2006.  Shortly
thereafter, he was going through prominent bouts of hind end weakness,
scared the heck outta me...glucose scans were done, vet said all was
normal, so she suggested I stop the Prednisolone..(the pred was not
prescribed to Nikki, I have another ferret, Ambi who is prescribed Pred.
The hind end weakness strongly returned, I put Nikki back on the Pred, I
give him .25cc every 12 hours.  He is still on the pred at my descretion
not the vets.  No more hind end weakness thus far.

Nikki was having bouts of eating and not eating throughout the rest of
January and February and March...had him to the vet many times.  Decided
to treat him for heliocobacter/ulcers, so Nikks was scripted Amoxi,
Metronidazole and Sulcrate for 2 weeks, after the 2 weeks he was no
better, so vet decides round 2 with the Amoxi, Metronidazole and sulcrate
(just in case the infection was aggressive).....to this day...Nikks still
isn't quite right.  No more antibiotics, but still have him on Sulcrate
before each and every meal .05cc.

Nikki now has been on Hills AD for about 6 weeks, he's given up on solid
kibble.  He by times 'tries' to eat kibble but it bothers him.  Lately
even when eating Hills, he will wing his head around to his left side
with a chew motion and lick his belly??

Had him in the other day for xrays, barium (in case of a partial shifting
blockage) also had his teeth checked, vet said teeth were good.  Vet said
his digestive tract (and she had shown me the xrays)...was as clean as a
whistle.

I thought of something...

Nikki LOVES licorice..haven't given him any in a long time (cause of him
being on the Pred)...I had to try this.

I gave him a piece of licorice...(he chewed it like there was no
tomorrow!!  He loves the stuff always has) I finally had to take the
licorice from him, I was afraid he'd choke.  He wasn't swallowing it,
but chewing to beat the band...When I took the piece from him, it was
pretty much intact as it was when I gave it to him!!

Ok, I'm thinking 'THIS IS' a dental thing, ear infection...I don't
know...that's why I'm turning to you all and see if you can help me
pinpoint his problem., perhaps with the info.  I've provided.  His teeth
look fine to me too...what would a dental issue look like, a black cavity
like a human, red/swollen gums??  I don't see any of that.  Allergic to
meds..Pred / Sulcrate??  I'm grasping at any possible thing.  I'm scared
to take him off the pred... what about the sulcrate?

Starting with the adrenalectomy, I've spent around $2500 since January in
trying to get this little guy well....it's not the money, (I thank the
Good Lord above I had the resources to tend to his care)...it's the not
getting results and seeing Nikki still ailing that's really got me down.
For the world, I want this little gaffer to be well again.

Please help any input will be appreciated.

   <'^`*.Jadesun.*'^`>

Who is General Failure??
And why he is reading my hard disk?
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/jadesun