From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:32:21 -0800
I posted a question about my ferrets the other day, but here's their full
introduction:

Zooey, 4 year old silvermitt MF female, loves to steal my remote control,
CDs, tapes, and anything remotely rubber.  She puts everything under my bed
until one day of boredom forces her to relocate everything into my closet.
She can smell rubber and the remote control from hundreds of feet
away...Zooey does not like dogs, and once bit a 10-month-old dalmatian puppy
on the nose and wouldn't let go.  She's very interactive and the smartest of
my four.

Elsa, 3 1/2 year old albino female, her main thing is shoes.  She'll try and
steal any--even those already on your feet--and drag them into the closet.
She's tried to move my brother's big old hiking boots around, which probably
weigh close to 3 times her weight (very entertaining to watch).  Elsa is not
very interested in other ferrets, though she tolerates them.  Mostly she
sleeps in my closet, and comes out to eat & poop.  Every once in a while she
likes to play for about five minutes, but otherwise she's a very solitary
creature.

Linus, 2 1/2 silver MF male, is by far the most energetic and friendly
ferret I've ever encountered.  He will play hide and seek and chase games
w/you for hours.  He loves walks and tubes and bananas.  He's also got to be
the stupidest ferret, definitely amongst my four.  You can just tell by
looking at him that he's missing a few screws.  He's very sweet, but
practically impossible to litter box train (outside the cage).

Martin, 1 1/2 yr black sable, he's extremely sweet.  He jumps and pops all
over the place, until you pick him up then he's really quiet and lets you
pet him and scratch his belly.  His favorite toy is this small stuffed black
and green frog on the end of a string.  he'll chase it around the room for
hours.  He and Linus fight over it, Linus only wants to hide it out of sight
from me.

Sorry this is so long, I just love how widely variant their personalities
are!  All 4 of them were adopted at about 1 to 1 1/2 yrs of age, all from
the Oregon Ferret Shelter 'cept for Zooey (she came from a fellow college
student).

Minta