Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:11:16 EST
When I read of Kevins' horrific life and death struggle, and his belief
that his babes may have been poisoned, I wanted to remind all of you house
cleaners that are getting things spick and span for the holidays that the
fumes from your cleaning supplies can be deadly.

I used to clean my bathroom with every known chemical I could find-all at
once.  The more chemicals on my tub and walls-the better.

I would spray this and pour that on, and my eyes would tear and my lungs
felt like I had destroyed a part of them.  Even with an open window all
day- the chemical fumes were still present hours after I had cleaned.

There are alternatives to these strong chemicals with fumes that won't
permanently damage your lungs and your ferrets lungs.  I go to health
food stores for them.

*****Could people write on here what safe, non-fuming cleaners work for
them for the tile, sink, and tub??  Many complaining of coughing ferrets
may be causing this problem with their bathroom cleaning products.  The
fumes travel a long way.*******

I did write to Kevin.  But I don't know what to say in the face of such
pain.  I wish a number of us lived near him, so we could help him and
support him in person like we do at our church.  My prayers go out to All
of you with ill ones, and those that have passed, and to the many that
wrote of your pain from cancer, or car accidents, debilitating illnesses,
and chronic severe back pain.  We are certainly not alone in dealing with
pain and anguish.

I thank God for finding this list.  I have met many wonderful people here.
And as I understand the writings I have recieved- all of them have suffered
or are suffering in life.  I think it is partly pain that builds character
and fortitude and makes us really able to appreciate the little things -
like a weasle war dance.  It makes us "deeper." It allows us to feel
incredible joy just in smelling a ferret that is asleep in our hands.

There are some very 'deep' people on this list.

God Bless you all.
Lisette