From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 1994 14:18:17 -0500
To John and others:
  Neither Shasta nor Emmett was a "cuddler" at first and with Shas
my feelings were hurt b/c I felt rejected when she didn't want to
sit with me!
  I learned that she'd let me hold her when she was full of food
and so sleepy that she was almost asleep, so I'd cuddle her then.
Over time she became very loving!
  I used the same method with The Em and now he loves to snuggle
up with me in the evenings when I read on the couch! He has to have
had his rowdy-time already and be just about ready to conk out. . .
  He will put his head on my shoulder and I will wrap my sweater
around his body, and then pet him and talk to him and he appears
to love it. Occasionally he will sigh--sounding exactly like a
human--and I do not know if that is a sigh of contentment ("Oh
boy, how nice to be snug & warm & loved") or a sigh of exasperation
("Oh Mom, cut out the yakking and let a guy sleep!")
   Kate Pappas and Emmett Kelly Point-3   [log in to unmask]

p.s. Michelle--can hardly wait for the rest of your tale!