Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:06:10 EDT
Thanks to those of you concerned in how they can help keep the G.C.F.A.
shelter from becoming a kill shelter. As we are 3,000 concerned ferret
owners, we all understand the importance of supporting ferret shelters.

And thanks to those who wish to purchase something Very, Very special to
remember their loved one by.

First of all, The e-mail to reach G.C.F.A.  is now [log in to unmask] Let
her know how you would like to donate, or if you have a raffle gift you can
bring with you to the show in Oct.  The person who responds to the e-mail
address I gave you initially will not be answering for a few months, I
understand.

Secondly, Norm says that there can be two plaques on each large roomy cage.
So if you would like to donate, but can only donate $30 instead of $60, he
can put two brass plaques on the cages from 2 different people.  OR, you
can give $30 for each ferret, and have two plaques on one cage of Your
babies.

Thirdly, your beloved need not have passed!  You can emblazon the name of
your beloved living ferret in the memories of all who will volunteer over
the next 30 years, all who drop off ferrets, and all who come to bring a
little one home, and search for the one who will melt their heart.

Or, you can give one check for $60., and half will go for the huge past due
hospital bills, and half will go for a brass plaque on one of these
spacious cages.

I have Baby's ashes in a box in a cabinet.  I could never get it together
emotionally to take them out of the box.  It cost me a pretty penny to get
those ashes, let me tell you.  And what I realize that I probably have is
the ashes of a few dogs, and cats.  The box is way too large for the ashes
of a little ferret.

What good are a bunch of ashes in reality?  What am I going to do with
them?  Baby KNEW I loved her.  Her pictures are on my walls.  I still think
of her at least several times a week as I head home.  It has been a year
and half since she died.  I have not slept in my bed since her death.
yes.  I loved her.

But a donation to keep a shelter open that will be applied towards a new
cage to replace ones that scratch the volunteers, and are having trouble
closing without all these pins?  Cages that may even be older than me!
With my little girls name on it?  Wow.  That to me is ferret love.  Her
name on a plaque in a shelter filled with loving volunteers and hundreds
of ferrets needing a good home.  YES.

Norm will order all the cages at the same time to save a lot of money.  So
put your name in now.  Send a check to Greater Chicago Ferret Association
at P.O. Box 7093, Westchester, Il 60154-7093 Be sure to signify its use.
And the name of your fur angel.

Thank you Extremeweezils.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G.C.F.A ---actually Norm--thanks you for your donation on the way and
offer of help with their web site.

They will discuss how they could use your expertise at the next meeting.

God Bless you guys.
Lisette