From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:52:11 -0400
Feels so good to have a server again after two days without one!

>Is adrenal disease able to get passed from ferret to ferret?  If one ferret
>has it, will another ferret catch it from the infected one?  I am only
>asking because i have two ferrets and one is older than the other and if
>she ever did get the disease, will my other one get it also?  Also, what
>are the most common early sigs of it in a ferret?  Thanks
>
>Rob Stenzel

There was a study of this, but I do not know if it had the funding to
continue.  It was not that the adrenal problems themselves may be
contagious that the study addressed, but that there may be a contributing
quiet illness.  Such studies are very hard to do and typically take a
long time but when they pan out major strides can be made.  Lymphoma (the
regular sort, not JL) is also something which has come under study for a
possible contributing silent viral trigger as part of the equation.