Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:28:34 -0600
I, (insert name here), so solemnly swear to uphold the words in this
document, to the best of my ability, until the day I die.

To (insert ferret's name),
I will provide nutritious food, fresh water, and clean comfy beds for
you to sleep in everyday.

I will provide for you the medical care you need in order for you to
maintain, a long and happy life.

I will put aside money in an account for your care every month, even
if this means I go without one of my favourite activities, or material
object, or desire such as a vacation.

In the case of a more serious medical conditions, I promise to provide
you with the best care, no matter the cost, until it is deemed that
you will recover, or that it is best for me to help you go to the
Rainbow Bridge.

I will understand that when you bite, it is not because you are mean
or vicious, but that you need to have some time to learn that I am
your friend.

I will never hit or hurt you in any way as the result of my anger.

I will never hit or hurt you in any way as the result of a misdirected
bite.

I will understand that you need to climb the clothes in my closet, or
dig up my favourite plant, without harmful repercussions.

I will understand that you will have accidents, and that they have
nothing to do with being a bad ferret, that it is something that
happens.

I will understand that when you are very curious with your surroundings,
that I will make it my full responsibility to keep things that are harmful
out of your way.

I promise to love you, unconditionally, for the rest of your life, and
that I will not tire of your company, or ignore you for days on end.

I promise to make life interesting for you by supplying you with toys,
boxes, and other items of amusement.

I promise to allow you to have free run [or indicate amount of time here]
so that you can keep strong, and healthy bones.

I promise to make you one of my top priorities in life, even on my busy
days at work, or at home.

I promise I will never let you suffer.  If you are in pain and it is time
for you to leave this earthly plane, then I will help you, with the aid
of my veterinarian, cross over to the Rainbow Bridge, no matter how much
I want you to stay here with me.

I promise to never be selfish when considering your needs.

I promise to keep you in my heart, forever and eternal, for when you are
gone, you are still with me.

These things I do for you... now and forever.  This is my contract with
you and is binding in the eyes of all who have passed before you, and
with the heavens above.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
For the Love of Ferrets...

Feel free to use and reproduce at will.  No permission requests required.